A trademark (service mark, trademark, trademark, brand, logo) is a designation used to individualize the goods and services of legal entities or individual entrepreneurs.
Types of trademarks
- Verbal notation (words, phrases and sentences)
- Company slogan / slogan
- Pictorial designations (images)
- Combined designations (combinations of elements of different nature, figurative, verbal, three-dimensional, etc.)
- Volumetric symbols (three-dimensional objects, shapes and combinations of lines, shapes)
- Other designations (sound, light, etc.)
According to the International Classification of Goods and Services (ICGS), absolutely all goods and services are divided into 45 classes http://www.mktu.info/intro/
List of documents for registration of a trademark
- Company name of the organization and OGRN;
- statistics codes;
- image of the trademark in its original form (format JPG);
- a list of activities and goods for which the trademark is registered;
- surname, name, patronymic and position of the head;
Advice from an expert!
In the development of trademarks and logos should be guided by the following principles:
- It is desirable that the trademark contains a hint of the use of your products and evoke positive associations and emotions;
- the trademark must be unique, clearly different from other trade brands;
- the trademark must not be ambiguously interpreted in other languages and countries;
- the trademark should be fairly short and easy to pronounce;
- a trademark must carry certain qualities of the goods, but not directly indicating the type of goods or services.